The National Education Department offers 1 (one) and 3 (three) day courses in communities across the country. All courses are facilitated by other trained Unifor members, Discussion Leaders (DL's).These classes are designed specifically to bring education opportunities to members close to where they live and work, right in their communities. This makes it easier for members to attend and reduces costs for local unions.
Winter and Spring 2022
All Area School courses are scheduled at the request of locals (Local Union Request - LUR) .
We are cautiously offering in person Area School classes across the country. We work together with each local, as classes are requested, to determine local COVID-19 Health mandates, location and size of class.
Details for Locals:
- We operate by Local Union Request (LUR)
- Course Descriptions & Duration can be found here or left navigation (COURSES)
- We require 6 weeks notice (to book DL, print material, ship & organize and for the local to book off it's members with their employer)
- Local Unions, please contact us to set a course up ( @email )
- Please provide us with your preferred dates for your desired course
- Download Local Union Reimbursement Guidelines linked below
- Please see our Full Vaccination policy for Unifor live events
Email : @email
All members must be fully vaccinated to participate in in-person courses.
All events, courses, meetings and other activities organized by Unifor National and Unifor Regional Councils will require participants to provide proof of full vaccination prior to arriving on site. This applies to Canada and Regional Councils, area courses and Paid Education Leave courses delivered in Port Elgin, presence in national and regional Unifor offices, bargaining meetings, solidarity actions and any other events organized by Unifor.
Please see the statement from Unifor’s National Executive Board for further information.