The National Education Department offers 1 (one) and 3 (three) day courses in communities across the country. All courses are facilitated by other trained Unifor members, Discussion Leaders (DL's).These classes are designed specifically to bring education opportunities to members close to where they live and work, right in their communities. This makes it easier for members to attend and reduces costs for local unions.
All Area School courses are scheduled at the request of locals (Local Union Request - LUR) on a first come first serve basis. Please contact us to set up your class or chat about details (see details below).
We offer in person Area School classes across the country. We work together with each local, as classes are requested, to determine local COVID-19 Health mandates, location and size of class.
Details for Locals:
- We operate by Local Union Request (LUR) on a first come first serve basis
- We need a minimum of 10 participants to run a class (the max is 20)
- Full list of participants (registration) is required 7 days prior to the class. An excel sheet is provided by us for this purpose
- Course Descriptions & Duration can be found here or left navigation (COURSES)
- We require 6 weeks notice (to book DL, print material, ship & organize and for the local to book off it's members with their employer)
- Local Unions, please contact us to set a course up ( @email )
- Please provide us with your preferred dates for your desired course
- Download ‘Local Union Reimbursement Guidelines’ linked below - this explains what applies and how to get 50/50 reimbursement.
- We are always happy to work with locals to deal with all needs to provide your members education - Please just reach out.