The I Shop Canada campaign promotes the purchase of products manufactured in Canada with the goal of creating and maintaining good paying jobs.
In response to an escalating trade war with the United States Unifor, Canada’s largest private sector union, launched I Shop Canada to provide a platform to share information on products that support manufacturing and associated spin off employment.
I Shop Canada is about making a choice at the cash register to use our collective purchasing power to aid workers in our communities and across the country.
By choosing to Shop Canada you:
- Invest in good paying jobs
- Stimulate the Canadian economy by encouraging growth
- Increase tax base from workers and corporations to fund social services, such as healthcare and education
- Create employment for future generations
- Purchase high quality products
- Ensure items are manufactured under labour, safety and environmental regulations
- Reduce environmental footprint by buying locally
Share your I Shop Canada buy!
Get your shopping list going! Take a picture of your favourite made-in-Canada purchase or if you work in the manufacturing of a product take a selfie with your colleagues to share on social media using the #IShopCanada hashtag.
Want to tell your friends about the campaign? Visit the IShopCanada Facebook page to add a frame to your profile picture to let your friends and family know that you support workers in Canada. On Twitter make sure to tag in @IShopCA and @UnifortheUnion so your posts can be easily shared. You can also email your pics to the communications department at IShopCanada@unifor.org
Vacationing in Canada this summer or enjoying local activities in your neighbourhood? You can also share those experiences using the #IPlayCanada hashtag.
To view the images and participate, visit the I Shop Canada Facebook page.