Please be advised that we have an opening for the permanent position of Accounting Assistant, working out of the National office.
For those interested in applying for this position must send an email including a cover letter and a resume to @email no later than August 11, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Unifor has a permanent opportunity for an Accounting Assistant in its Finance department, working out of the National office in Toronto. An Accounting Assistant is tasked with accounts receivables and performing general accounting functions under the supervision of a Senior Accountant, and working with the PEL Director, in a fast-paced environment requiring extensive multi-tasking. The successful candidate will be highly organized, diplomatic, calm under pressure, with an ability to prioritize tasks.
- Minimum College diploma in Accounting / Business Administration or equivalent experience in accounting;
- Paid Education Program experience is required;
- Exposure to and understanding of the full accounting cycle is a definite asset;
- Knowledge of basic math;
- Proficient in Excel and Word;
- Ability to communicate professionally and in a courteous manner both on the phone and in writing;
- Fast learner with an ability to problem solve and adapt to fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent quantitative skills and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong sense of confidentiality