Unifor has developed a number of documents and online tools to help address your needs during the COVID-19 pandemic, including how to apply for income supports, how to return to work safely, dealing with associated stresses and mental health issues, staying safe in your own home, and more.
If you are not sure where to start, read Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19 or select the resource you need from the list below. Be sure, as well, to check out the other tabs on this website for more information on resources for Locals, Health and Safety, Regional and sector-specific information.
As we address the on-the-ground needs or our members, Unifor is also campaigning to ensure governments and industry are doing their part to ensure a speedy and equitable recovery, including:
- Build Back Better
- Fair Pay for Health Care workers
- Fair Pay Forever for Retail workers
- Reopening Air Travel
- Hospitality and Gaming
- Fix Employment Insurance
- Race-based COVID data
- Letter to the Prime Minister – Don’t reward the use of scabs
Keep checking back regularly. The documents on this page are updated regularly as programs change and new ones are announced.
Education Department webinars
Sign up for Unifor’s Education Department webinar sessions here http://onlineeducation.unifor.org/
Special Recovery Benefits
- Canada Recovery Caregiver Benefit
The Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB) gives income support ($500 each week, for a period up to 26 weeks) to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because they must care for their child under 12 years old or a family member who needs supervised care. Click here for more information.
- Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit
The Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) gives income support ($500 each week, for up to 2 weeks) to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because they're sick or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19, or have an underlying health condition that puts them at greater risk of getting COVID-19. Click here for more information.
- Canada Recovery Benefit
The Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB) gives income support ($1000 every 2 weeks, for up to 26 weeks – or 13 eligible periods) to employed and self-employed individuals who are directly affected by COVID-19 and are not entitled to Employment Insurance (EI) benefits. Click here for more information.
Unifor FAQs: Income Assistance, Wage Subsidies, and Other Benefits
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Read the FAQ.
- What happens after CERB? Read the FAQ.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) Read the FAQ.
- Applying for employment insurance: a how-to guide for Unifor members Read the guide.
- COVID-19 and Pensions Download the FAQ
- COVID-19 Checklist for income replacement (March 15, 2020) Download the income replacement checklist
- Leaves relevant to COVID-19 Download the chart
Public Health Canada is your most reliable source for medical information about COVID-19 prevention measures, symptoms, and preparedness plans. You will find a complete list of resources including updates on the government's responses on their website.