Unifor Family Education Centre
115 Shipley Ave
Port Elgin ON N0H 2C5
Calling all local union leaders and workplace representatives. This Conference will provide the tools to effectively service and advocate for members from a place of empathy. Mental illness and addiction are not new, but the past few years have exacerbated these issues for so many. To meet our members where they are at, we all need support.
Through amazing speakers and facilitators, this Conference will:
- Provide information and skill building opportunities in order for you to best connect with individuals who have experienced trauma;
- Shine a light on mental health with an equity lens;
- Consider the impacts of enabling and how to shift that tendency;
- Teach you how to make an effective referral to workplace or community resources;
- Educate you on how to connect with a member who might be considering suicide; and
- Allow you to explore how to be a solid ally/accomplice and build a solidarity network.
Complete and return the registration form. Local Union executive must approve member’s registration.
Family Education Centre registration form
Child care registration form
Unifor seeks to make all union meetings and events accessible and barrier free. If you require accommodation for human rights related needs, we invite you to provide us with your relevant information so that we can take all reasonable steps to address any barriers to your participation in your Union. Please email requests to @email.
Registration will take place from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm on Friday evening.
Dinner served between 5:30 pm and 6:45 pm in the dining room.
The conference will open with a plenary session Friday evening at 7:00 pm. Saturday sessions run form 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with breaks and lunch. The Sunday morning session will run from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. A copy of the Conference Agenda will be included in the kit.