Unifor members at Local 510 in Quebec have ratified its collective agreement with Autobus Longueuil Inc., ending an 11-week-long strike.
The tentative agreement was reached on June 2, 2023, with the Ministry of Labour's conciliation department and the members voted to accept the deal on June 4. Subsequently, the employees returned to work the day after the ratification vote.
The new four-year contract is the result of intensive negotiations between Autobus Longueuil Inc. and Unifor, and includes several important gains for employees, including wage increases of 24% for the duration of the collective agreement.
Other highlights include:
- New article on French in the workplace
- Increase in employer contribution to PEL program
- Protection of seniority for 36 months in the event of absence due to an employment injury
- Improvements in occupational health and safety
- Improved reassignment during extracurricular trips
- New article stipulating that pregnant women can access “preventative leave,” in cases where their work may pose a health risk to the pregnancy
- Compensation for late entries.
- Four-year contract ending June 30, 2026
- Improved personal leave
- Increase in the amount allocated for out-of-town trips
- Addition of a supernumerary position, increasing the number of guaranteed hours per week to 28.5 hours.
- Increased income for extracurricular trips