This is an online mini self-directed module for union stewards and reps who want to better understand the employer’s Duty to Accommodate and our role as a union in the process.
- Define the Duty to Accommodate and its role in making the workplace accessible to everyone.
- Identify the responsibilities and obligations of the three key actors in the process: the Union, the Employer and the Worker.
- Explore the steps and strategies the union needs to take to force employers to live up to their obligations to accommodate workers.
- Understand how Duty to Accommodate legislation, case law and the collective agreement work together to help protect workers.
- Practice applying what we learn to workplace situations.
Enrollment is open to all Unifor members, and participants can go at their own pace.