April 18, 2020
TORONTO–Unifor National President Jerry Dias is available to comment on the federal budget, to be delivered on April 19, 2021.
“This federal budget comes during a time of crisis, it needs to include both immediate health and economic measures to address COVID-19, but it also must look to the future. This budget is an opportunity to fix the systemic issues that this pandemic has laid bare, so we can build back a stronger economy that delivers decent paying full-time jobs and a stronger social safety net,” said Dias.
Topics Unifor can address:
• National childcare program
• National pharmacare program
• Support for manufacturing and transportation industries to recover from COVID-19
• Need to extend paid sick days for workers in federally regulated industries
• Permanent reform and expansion of Employment Insurance
• Any other issue affecting workers in the federal budget
Read Unifor’s full federal budget submission here.
WHAT: Unifor available to comment on federal budget
WHEN: Monday April 19, 2021
WHO: Jerry Dias, Unifor National President
WHERE: Skype, Zoom, FaceTime or phone interviews
Unifor is Canada's largest union in the private sector and represents 315,000 workers in every major area of the economy. The union advocates for all working people and their rights, fights for equality and social justice in Canada and abroad, and strives to create progressive change for a better future.
For media inquiries or to arrange a Skype, Zoom or FaceTime interview please contact Unifor Communications Representative Kathleen O’Keefe at email@example.com or 416-896-3303 (cell).