September 30 is Orange Shirt Day, an annual event to honour the experiences of survivors of the residential school system and to raise awareness about Canada’s shameful history and the enduring impacts on Indigenous communities.
Unifor has issued a statement to commemorate the day and encourages members to participate in the day:
- Wednesday September 30 wear an orange shirt and post a photo with a message of support using #OrangeShirtDay #Unifor #EveryChildMatters
- Add this frame to your Facebook profile photo
- Participate in Unifor’s Orange Shirt Day webinar
When: September 29, 2020 at 1–2 p.m. Eastern Time
Register now by contacting email@example.com
- The Spirit Bear Plan is an initiative by the First Nations Child & Family Caring Society of Canada. Please help end inequalities in public services for Indigenous children, youth and families by urging the Canadian government to adopt this Plan – click here to send letter to Prime Minister Trudeau.
- Follow @Caringsociety and @SpiritBear on Twitter and Facebook and repost their updates.
For more information, visit the campaign page.