Members of Unifor Locals 195 and 1285 who work for Team Industrial Services at the paint shops at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) assembly plants in Windsor and Brampton have voted 83.1% to ratify new collective agreements that include several gains including wage increases, improved benefits and signing bonuses.
“It was a pleasure to have worked under the guidance and experienced leadership from Unifor’s auto Director, Dino Chiodo, and our local Vice Presidents, Tammy Pomerleau and Vito Beato. It was due to their dedication and the negotiating committee’s hard work that we were able to achieve these gains for our members,” said Bryan Crosby, Unit Chairperson for Local 195 in Windsor.
Local 195 represents 66 members at the paint shop at the Windsor Assembly Plant and local 1285 represents 41 members at FCA’s Brampton Assembly Plant paint shop.
Highlights of the new agreements include:
- New COLA formula
- New 8-year grow in wage grid
- $0.25 increase for Water Blasters
- Shift premium of 5% and 10% for all members, including part time
- Ratification bonus, $2500 for full time and $1250 for part time
- Benefit improvements
- Re-instate $500 per year and $125 per month SUB fund / RRSP payments
- Lump sum retirement incentive (pilot project) - $7500
- Opportunity for members to join a new defined benefit pension plan
- 1.5% wage increase immediately with retro to Oct. 31st, 2020, 1% in 2021
“The national, local and unit bargaining committees collectively worked very hard and were all instrumental in securing these gains to wages, benefits, lump sum payments and bonuses and we would like to thank the members for their solidarity,” said Ed Flude, Unit Chairperson at Local 1285 in Brampton.