Members of Local 1103 voted 92.5% in favour of their new collective agreement at a union meeting held on August 4, 2019.
The following are the main highlights of the agreement:
- Across-the-board salary increase of 2 per cent per year;
- Wage adjustment for several positions;
- Employer’s portion of group insurance premium increased to 70 per cent and employees’ portion reduced to 30 percent (instead of 50-50);
- Starting rate increased by 9.5 percent;
- Addition of one year for each block of vacation and reinstatement of a 6th week of vacation;
- Wage rate guaranteed at all times;
- Reinforcement of clauses for the training committee and prevention representative;
- Hour bank increased to 80 hours instead of 40 hours;
- Increase in evening, night, trainer and group lead premiums;
- Increase in the amount paid annually into the Paid Education Leave program.
De Luxe Paper Products Inc. makes specialized packaging for use mainly in the food industry. The plant employs 70 Unifor members.