Unifor’s Locals are on the front lines as we work to ensure the safety of our members throughout this pandemic. This page is meant to help Local leadership and health and safety reps as they navigate this new and fast-changing environment.
On the page, you will find the resources you need to work with your employers to ensure safe working places for your members. As always, your National union is year to provide the supports you need. Your National Representative can help you access any additional resources you may need.
Be sure to check back regularly for new documents and updates.
Resources for Local Unions
- Template letter to employers and managers. If your employer or workplace manager has not yet taken action to address the COVID-19 pandemic, use this template letter to request a meeting or modified workplace practices to ensure the health and safety of all workers.
- Financial Supports for Local Unions with Paid Staff - Get the factsheet
- Financial supports for local unions that rent offices, own buildings, or pay a mortgage - Get the factsheet
- Union Activist’s Guide to Online Meetings
- September 18 Letter: This Fall, Keep it Small