Unifor has developed a number of fact sheets to help workers navigate the many new federal government programs to help Canadian struggling during the pandemic. Below you will find fact sheets on how Employment Insurance and new income programs apply to workers in various circumstances, from full-time workers to gig and seasonal workers.
These programs are being updated regularly, and Unifor is monitoring all these changes to keep these fact sheets up to date, so check back regularly.
Unifor FAQs: Income Assistance, Wage Subsidies, and Other Benefits
- FAQ for Full-Time Workers Read the FAQ
- FAQ for Part-Time Workers Read the FAQ
- FAQ for Independent Contractors, Freelancers and other Self-Employed Workers Read the FAQ
- FAQ for Gig Economy Workers Read the FAQ
- FAQ for Seasonal Workers Read the FAQ
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Read the FAQ.
- What happens after CERB? Read the FAQ.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) Read the FAQ.
- Applying for employment insurance: a how-to guide for Unifor members Read the guide.
- E.I. Work Sharing Get the Factsheet
- COVID-19 and Pensions Download the FAQ
- COVID-19 Checklist for income replacement (March 15, 2020) Download the income replacement checklist
- Leaves relevant to COVID-19 Download the chart
Be sure also to check the Regional Information tab on this website for information related to your province or territory.
As well, on the Resources tab, you will find additional information about caregiver benefits, sickness benefits and the Canada Recovery Benefit.