Here are some talking points to think about while you are on your call:
- I’m a worker in B.C. and I support paid sick days for all.
- Workplaces are by far, the largest contributor to the spread of COVID-19.
- But today, only 10 per cent of low wage and frontline workers have paid sick days
- That means the people we rely on to keep B.C. moving are having to choose between cutting their paycheque or staying home with symptoms.
- It saves lives!
- Remember to say thank you, and that you would like to hear back.
Why the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit is not enough:
- Workers must apply for the CRSB after they’re sick
- Restricted to people who earned at least $5000 in the last 12 months
- Denied if workers miss less than 50% of their work week
- Temporary and restricted to COVID-19
Leaving a message?
Remember to leave your name, the community where you live, and your phone number if you want a call back.