Not sure where to start? Read the Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19 (March 28, 2020) or select the resource you need from the list below.
- Unifor Federal Pandemic Policy Demands (Revised June 11, 2020) Read the demands.
- Unifor Provincial Pandemic Policy Demands (Revised June 9, 2020) Read the demands.
Education Department webinars
Sign up for Unifor’s Education Department webinar sessions here http://onlineeducation.unifor.org/
Wages and Benefits
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Read the FAQ.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) Read the FAQ.
- Applying for employment insurance: a how-to guide for Unifor members Read the guide.
- COVID-19 and Pensions Download the FAQ
- COVID-19 Checklist for income replacement (March 15, 2020) Download the income replacement checklist
- Leaves relevant to COVID-19 Download the chart
Frequently Asked Questions about Income Supports and Sickness Leave
- Full-time Workers - Get the factsheet
- Part-time Workers - Get the factsheet
- Seasonal Workers - Get the factsheet
- Self-employed Workers - Get the factsheet
- Gig Workers - Get the factsheet
- E.I. Work Sharing - Get the factsheet
Health and Safety
- Checklist for return to work post COVID-19 closure - Read the guide
- Returning to Work From COVID-19 Closure - Get the factsheet
- Protecting Workers from the COVID-19 Virus - Get the health and safety factsheet
- Basic Health and Safety during COVID-19 - Get the factsheet
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Guide - Download the guide
- Template letter to employers to donate medical supplies.
- Mental Health Contact Sheet. Use this editable PDF document to share relevant mental health resources and contacts with your peers.
- COVID-19 and the Hierarchy of Controls to Protect Lives - Get the factsheet
- Workers’ Compensation Board Responses to COVID-19 - Get the factsheet
- Unifor's demands to protect workers as we restart the economy - Download the guide
Public Health Canada is your most reliable source for medical information about COVID-19 prevention measures, symptoms, and preparedness plans. You will find a complete list of resources including updates on the government's responses on their website.
Resources for Local Unions
- Template letter to employers and managers. If your employer or workplace manager has not yet taken action to address the COVID-19 pandemic, use this template letter to request a meeting or modified workplace practices to ensure the health and safety of all workers.
- Financial Supports for Local Unions with Paid Staff - Get the factsheet
- Financial supports for local unions that rent offices, own buildings, or pay a mortgage - Get the factsheet
- Union Activist’s Guide to Online Meetings
REGIONAL HEALTH SERVICES FOR COVID-19