Unifor Federal Pandemic Policy Demands (Revised March 26, 2020)
Unifor Provincial Pandemic Policy Demands (Revised March 27, 2020)
*NEW* FAQ on the New Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
This short FAQ includes all information known about the program, its eligibility rules and anticipated payment schedules, as outlined in Bill C-13. Read the FAQ.
Protecting Workers from the COVID-19 Virus Factsheet
Basic Health and Safety during COVID-19
E.I Information for Unifor Members
During this extraordinary economic situation, workers may be applying for regular EI benefits for the first time. For some applicants, the process can be challenging. To assist, Unifor has prepared the following “How-To” guide that takes you through the online application process, step-by-step. Read the guide.
- E.I. Sick Benefits Factsheet Get the sick benefits factsheet
- E.I. Regular Benefits Factsheet Get the E.I. factsheet
- E.I. Work Sharing Factsheet Get the work sharing factsheet
- E.I. Vacation Pay Factsheet Get the vacation pay factsheet
Frequently Asked Questions About Income Supports and Sickness Leave
- Full-time Workers - Get the factsheet
- Part-time Workers - Get the factsheet
- Seasonal Workers - Get the factsheet
- Gig Workers - Get the factsheet
- Self Employed Workers - Get the factsheet
Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19 (March 28, 2020)
COVID-19 and Pensions
COVID-19 Checklist for income replacement (March 15, 2020)
Leaves relevant to COVID-19
If your employer or workplace manager has not yet taken action to address the COVID-19 pandemic, use this template letter to request a meeting or modified workplace practices to ensure the health and safety of all workers.
Mental Health Contact Sheet
Use this editable PDF document to share relevant mental health resources and contacts with your peers.
Public Health Canada is your most reliable source for medical information about COVID-19 prevention measures, symptoms, and preparedness plans. You will find a complete list of resources including updates on the government's responses on their website.
REGIONAL HEALTH SERVICES FOR COVID-19