Your safe return to work is a top priority at Unifor. Your union is committed to ensuring safe workplaces for all it members, and the COVID-19 pandemic has added an entirely new level to this commitment.
This page is for COVID-19 related health and safety issues only, for other health and safety issues, please see our Health and Safety page here.
On this page you will find the information you need to return to work safely. Be sure to check back regularly for updated information and new documents.
Local leadership and health and safety reps are also encouraged to check out the Resources for Locals tab to help you fulfil your responsibilities.
A Survey of Workers’ Experiences during a Pandemic
This survey is designed to learn about your experiences as a worker during a pandemic. It was put together by the Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers (OHCOW), with help from researchers at the Institute of Work & Health and Duke University in North Carolina, plus input from a number of health and safety union staff representatives.
To access the survey please select the appropriate link:
For healthcare workers (including EMS) working at healthcare workplaces (including homecare): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Pandemic_Survey
for all other workers either working from home (i.e. remotely), or at a non-healthcare workplace: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Pandemic_survey2
Health & Safety resources
- Unifor statement on aerosol transmission of COVID-19 - Read the statement
- Worker Safety Rep Checklist - Read the guide
- Checklist for return to work post COVID-19 closure - Read the guide
- Returning to Work From COVID-19 Closure - Get the factsheet
- Protecting Workers from the COVID-19 Virus - Get the health and safety factsheet
- Basic Health and Safety during COVID-19 - Get the factsheet
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Guide - Download the guide
- Template letter to employers to donate medical supplies.
- Mental Health Contact Sheet. Use this editable PDF document to share relevant mental health resources and contacts with your peers.
- COVID-19 and the Hierarchy of Controls to Protect Lives - Get the factsheet
- Workers’ Compensation Board Responses to COVID-19 - Get the factsheet
- Unifor's demands to protect workers as we restart the economy - Download the guide
- Health & Safety: The "New Normal" is not the old normal - Get the factsheet
- Know the Difference: Self-monitoring, Self-Isolation, and Isolation for COVID-19