Several locals covering hospitals across Ontario have now ratified collective agreements that are similar to the bargaining pattern that was set by the hospitals in the northern region of the province.
“With the recent change in provincial government, these ratifications are even more significant because they offer workers security in terms of equitable working conditions and reasonable wages,” said Katha Fortier, Assistant to the National President.
The Unifor health care locals that have ratified include:
- Local 27 at St. Josephs, London
- Local 302 at Tillsonburg Hospital
- Local 302 at Alexandra Hospital, Ingersoll
- Local 636 Woodstock Service Unit
- Local 1106 at Groves Memorial, Fergus
- Local 1106 Grand River Hospital Service Unit, Kitchener
- Local 1359 at St. Josephs, Elliott Lake
- Local 2458 at Windsor Regional Hospital
- Local 8300 at Belleville Hospital
Congratulations to the committees, locals and staff for these achievements, and thank them for their dedication to advocating for fair agreements for hard working members and workers in the health care sector.