Unifor Local 62 has just signed its first labour agreement with its employer, Les Services Paramont Inc., a housekeeping subcontractor for the Montreal Airport Marriott.
This first contract bargained major improvements for the newly unionized group, including:
- A term of 35 months (January 1st, 2018 to November 30, 2020)
- 8.75% wage increase (3%, 2.75% and 3%)
- Implementation of a group insurance plan
- Sick days
- Union leave paid by the Employer
- Contribution to the Paid Education Leave (PEL) program and the Social Justice Fund
- Women’s advocate
- Policy of mutual respect in the workplace
- Guaranteed hours of work
"Members, the local executive and I are very pleased with this agreement, which delivers strong protections and improvements for these new members," commented François Beaudoin, Unifor National Representative. “Hotel workers deserve good jobs and union protection, and we are happy that they have made these gains.”
The group represents nearly 50 members who provide room cleaning services at the Marriott Hotel located near Montreal’s Pierre-Elliot-Trudeau Airport.