Unifor is the union for gaming workers. We represent workers at new casinos, established casinos, casinos that are changing hands, and those run by outside operators.
Across Canada, gaming workers are looking at their fast-changing industry and deciding that they need the voice in their workplace that a union can provide – and more than any other union, they are choosing Unifor.
Unifor is Canada's largest union in the private-sector with 315,000 members, including more than 20,000 members in gaming and hospitality.
Of that, the 9,000 gaming workers represented by Unifor work in all areas of the industry, including table game dealers, slot workers, food and beverage staff, environmental services, parimutuels, finance, cashiers and main bank, gift shops attendants, hotel, valet, entertainment staff, security and maintenance.
Have a look through this website and see what Unifor has to offer. You will also find more information about the new operator in Niagara, Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment, and why their presence makes Unifor the best choice for casino workers in Niagara.
If you have any questions, talk to an Organizer. All calls are confidential:
- Rick Alakas 905-687-0785 or email@example.com
- Niagara Casinos Office
- 5546 Robinson Street, Unit 3 (at Stanley)
- Niagara Falls, ON
- Phone: 905-356-1584
- Fax: 905-356-5289
Unifor is proud to represent 9,000 gaming workers at the following Casinos:
- Casino Niagara & Fallsview (Security)
- Caesar’s Windsor
- Casino Rama
- Gateway Casino Sudbury
- Great Blue Heron
- Elements Casino Brantford
- Gateway Casino Point Edward
- Elements Casino Mohawk (Security)
- Casino Ajax
- Gateway Casino Dresden
- Gateway Casino Innisfil
- Casino Woodbine
- Casino Flamboro
- Hard Rock Ottawa (Surveillance)
- British Columbia
- Grand Villa Casino (Surveillance)
- Parq Vancouver
- Chances Signal Point
- Chances Casino in Kamloops
- Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries
Joining Unifor brings casino workers benefits such as:
- Improvements in wages, pensions and benefits
- A say on working conditions and scheduling
- Better health & safety language
- A seat at the bargaining table with the employer
- Protection against favouritism and harassment
- Job protection for contract workers
- Representation and negotiation for gaming sector workers